Thursday, January 3, 2013

Back to Work

I finally made it back to the gym after a couple weeks with only one visit. I expected it to be packed with "resolutioners", but to my surprise it wasn't bad at all. On my way there I found a tiny dog running off to the side of the road without a collar. I tried to get close, but it barked like crazy. I chased it for about half a mile as I was on the phone with animal control. It's owner ended up coming and I ran back to my car. So, I got a good mile warm up on my way, then when I got there I did another 5 minute warm up on the treadmill just to be safe, 20 minutes of hill repeats (2 minutes at an incline of 10, 2 minutes at 0), and then a 5 minute cooldown. Next I did lots of stretching, some specific exercises for fixing my knee pain, strength training (abs, quads, triceps, shoulders and chest), followed by more stretching. I felt SO great when I was done. Glad to be back. I have a half marathon in February and I have a lot of work to do!

Here's what I ate today. Not much, but I followed my instincts, ate what felt right to me, and felt really well all day. I got a little hungry around 10pm or so, but (partially influenced by a friend; thank you) decided to not eat so late. I've been trying to do better with that anyway, but got off track during the holidays a bit.
  • 1/2 of a humongous apple
  • 1 serving raw protein powder
  • Juice (probably over 24 oz): purple carrot, carrot greens, beets, beet greens, spinach, celery, apple, lemon, fennel
  • Maca, chlorella, fiber w/herbs, flax, and chia mixed into 24 oz. water and sweetened with stevia
Hope to have some more recipes and interesting tidbits for you soon!
Much love
Devan

No comments:

Post a Comment