Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Adventures in Restaurant Land

This morning was my first time eating out since going raw! Well, ordering something, anyway. I've been avoiding this and even somewhat dreading it, thinking that it would (a) be too hard to find something pleasurable to order; or (b) Somehow be uncomfortable for whoever I was with. Weirdly, both times I've been out were at IHOP. The first time I just drank coffee, and it was with my siblings who knew about my lifestyle and knew I was just going along for the company. This morning, however, I was with a friend who I was meeting in person for the first time. He also knew from my blogs that I have been eating raw, but I had still been wondering if my diet would make things uncomfortable at all if we were to eat out together. Luckily, he was very kind, gracious, and even supportive/encouraging about my food choices in general, and there was not any confusion or awkwardness about it. Then again, when asked if I wanted to go eat, my response was literally, "If you won't get mad at me for ordering a bowl of fruit". Good strategy, right? Just put it out there. Haha. ;) So that was nice and refreshing. I mean, I know these things will come up in the future, and probably with much less pleasant results. I've just been thinking I need to get used to things like eating raw on the go and eating raw while dining out with people.

On to yesterday's and today's food intake. They were rather weird and scattered again. I'm hoping to get back into a more regular routine of green smoothies and energy soup again, but the last couple days I've largely been grazing. I do believe in trusting your body and not forcing yourself into too strict of routines, which is part why I hardly ate anything all day today and when I finally did it was pretty much just a plate of veggies. On the other hand, I like to see that in general I'm trying to get a wide variety of foods and their corresponding nutrients into my body, and a great way of doing this is smoothies and energy soup.

12/31/12
  • Juice of 3 grapefruits and an apple
  • Green smoothie: 1 bunch of spinach, 1 cup blueberries, a handful of cranberries, 1 T ground flax seeds, 1 T chia seeds, 2 T Irish moss, 1 B12 vitamin, 1 date, 1 dropper of stevia, water to liquid consistency. 
  • A few bites of a disgusting energy soup I made out of the "Brussels sprouts" I got from the farmers market that weren't really Brussels sprouts, cucumber, watermelon radish, garlic, avocado, salt, flax seed oil, and water
  • 1 avocado covered in agave and sea salt (One of the yummiest snacks EVER!)
  • Crumbs at the bottom of the bag of tarragon dijon kale chips
  • Crumbs at the bottom of the bag of sea salt and vinegar kale sesame kale chips
  • 1 fairly large slice of my Chocolate Coconut Custard Pie drizzled with agave
  • 1 decaf coffee that I ended up dumping the last few swallows of
  • 1 wine glass full of kombucha to toast in the new year
1/1/13
  • Bowl of mixed fruit
  • Tall glass of grapefruit juice
  • Chlorella
  • Kombucha
  • 1/2 banana
  • 2 tomatoes, 2 watermelon radishes, and 1/2 cucumber with salt, flax seed oil, red chili pepper sauce, and wasabi sauce
  • 1 T flax seeds
  • 1 T chia seeds
  • 1 T hemp seeds (hemp hearts)
Much love
Devan

No comments:

Post a Comment