Thursday, December 27, 2012

Intentions

Hello friends, family, and fellow earthlings (or non-earthlings if you're reading this for some godforsaken reason). This is my first blog, so I plan on introducing myself and my intentions for my BlogSpot.

My name is Devan Mark Fronk (call me Devan, Den, or Dendenut, please). I'm from Utah originally, but currently live in Cedar Park, not far from Austin, TX. I have two beautiful parents, two beautiful step-parents, two beautiful brothers and two beautiful half-sisters.  How very well balanced, eh? I also have a pet corn snake. Yes just one; weird, I know. As of this time in my life I am declared an Environmental Science major at Austin Community College, and I’m sure I’ll post about it if that changes. My interests include playing and writing music on the piano, hiking, running, astrology, spirituality, learning in layman’s terms about things such as science, environmentalism, health, nutrition, and raw food. 

A couple of the aforementioned interests bring me to the purpose of my blog. While I do plan on including random tidbits about my personal life on here, I largely intend on using this space to chronicle my exploration of the raw food lifestyle as well as posting interesting things about going green and loving the planet we live on. I feel that these are very interconnected subjects and will complement each other nicely in creating a rich and meaningful space for me to share with you all. I will be chronicling my weight loss, education, new recipes, sense of well-being or lack there of, favorite products, major life changes, and then some. Basically this will be an outlet for me to journal and revel in this exploration while sharing with whoever may be able to benefit from or enjoy it. 

I like the name "raw earth love", because I love each word individually, paired, or as a threesome. I can find SO many meanings in this: a "raw earth" - one that is not cooked by chemicals and global warming OR one that is full of raw, living foods and people who are living off of these foods; "raw love" - the love of raw foods OR something a little more racy (bow-chicka-wow-wow); "earth love" - the love of earth and the sense of being loved by the earth; "raw earth-love" - unadulterated love of the earth; "raw-earth love" - love of the raw earth; "raw earth love" - all of it! 

Thank you to any of you who take the time to look through this thing. I hope it is of some help, entertainment, or any value to you whatsoever. If not, may you be blessed with an eventful enough life that you no longer feel the need to drop in. Alternatively, PLEASE feel free to let me know what type of things you might like to see me explore, experiment with, learn about, and post about so that this blog can be more fun for all of us! Thanks for your love and support.

Much love
Devan (a.k.a. Dendenut, Den, Denden, Detsun, Denin, the nut, Dendenew, etc) 

2 comments: